Victor J. Cassano Health Center
165 Edwin C. Moses Blvd., Dayton, Ohio
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Adult Vision Screening Training: Half of all blindness can be prevented through early detection and treatment. Today, there are 1,259,000 older Ohioans affected by vision problems that if not detected and treated early, could lead to blindness. Because of the growth in the aging population, there will be more than 2.5 million Ohioans affected by vision-robbing conditions by the year 2030!
After completing the Adult Vision Screening Training Program, you will be able to:
- Perform near and distance visual acuity screenings
- Educate people about “aging eye” diseases and disorders
- Describe Adult Vision Screening Guidelines Published by Prevent Blindness
Upon successful completion of the training, you will be nationally certified to provide adult vision screenings for three years and are eligible to receive free vision screening equipment including: Adult Risk Assessment and Registration Forms, Near and Distance Visual Acuity Charts and assorted educational vision resources and brochures.
The EyeWatch Program: enhances the services of Ohio’s senior care and public health networks by providing information and access to prevention information, referral, and treatment resources for aging eye challenges.
After completing The EyeWatch portion of the program, you will be able to provide your professional and consumer constituent base with facts and information about what they can do to prevent vision loss. You will receive an EyeWatch Toolkit that contains a flash drive with several PowerPoint presentations. The toolkits also contain handouts, brochures, and questionnaires to support each of the presentations.
After completing the EyeWatch Training Program, you will be able to:
- Provide presentations on accessing eye care resources
- Educate others about age related eye diseases such as glaucoma, age related macular degeneration, cataract, and diabetic retinopathy
- Teach the people you serve how to live a healthy lifestyle to preserve their sight
Questions? contact: Stephanie Koscher 800-301-2020 ext. 115 / e-mail [email protected]
Funding generously provided by: